A Little Courage and Curiosity

Watch the film above, then read my essay and see if you agree!

In the animated short the main character is a sandpiper, but did you know that scientist estimate that there are only about 240-456 mature sandpipers still alive? In the very beginning of the animated short Piper wanted to be fed by her mom, but then learned that she has to start finding her own food. This surprised her. She found her very first clam, but right after that a large wave came and it washed over Piper. After that,Piper was terrified of the water. She did not want to leave the nest, but she was VERY hungry. Piperโ€™s hunger took over her fear and she attempted to find another clam. Piper met a hermit and the hermit showed her that if she looked under the water, she could see the clams. The hermit really helped Piper. Soon she was finding enough food for her, her friends and her family. This is why I think that in the animated short Piper, the theme was, when you are curious you can discover new things.ย 

In the beginning of the animated short Piper, the theme was, when you are curious you can discover new things. The first place that the theme showed was when piper was curious about the bubbles in the water. Piperย  ran around popping as many as she could. Also, this theme showed when Piper watched her mom get food. To add on, while Piper was watching her mom get food, she discovered that there are clams under the bubbles on the shore. Piper put lots of effort into trying to find her first clam. Without Piperโ€™s curiosity she would not have found her first clam that day all by herself.ย 

In the middle of the animated short Piper, the theme was, when you are curious you can discover new things. In addition, I think that this theme showed when Piper and a hermit crossed paths. Piper and the hermit both have probably never met another of the others species, so they are bothย  very curious of one another.ย  Also, this theme is proved when Piper follows the hermit into the water and the hermit teaches Piper how you can see the clams under the water.ย 

In the end of the animated short Piper, the theme is, when you are curious you can discover new things.ย  I think that this theme really stood out when piper got curious about the clams after seeing them underwater and tried to dig one up. In addition, this theme was proven when Pipers curiosity helped her find some huge clams. The theme was also seen from the other sandpipers because they were curious about what Piper was doing. They were very curious of Piper actions. Since they were curious of Piper, when Piper got her first clam those curious sandpipers got the extra clams that Piper found.

The theme in the short film Piper is if you have lots of wonderings and you want to learn new things, you will be able to discover new opportunities that others that are not curious do not. This is proved when Pipers curiosity helped her find her first clam, when Piper was curious of the hermit and the hermit helped Piper find huge clams and when the other sandpipers were curious of piper and got the first batch of extra clams. I think that it is important to have curiosity and to have an urge to discover new things like some of the characters in the short film Piper because you will have more opportunities. Being curious can lead to achievements that can not be made without curiosity.

Is there something new that you are curious about or something new you want to try?

6 thoughts on “A Little Courage and Curiosity

1. Hi Elle, Great job on your blog post It was very well written and the proof was very convincing I personly want to try scuba diving because I’ve always been to scared to do it
    Good Job Elle -Korbin ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Hi Elle! Awesome job on you blog! It was descriptive and easy to read! I have always wanted to explore everything! I’m looking forward to your next post!