The Great Food Fantasy

Beep! Beep! Went the alarm and Vin and Gus knew that they were alone in the house. โ€œYou are getting really old Vin. I am 75 in dog years and you are like 93!โ€ gus said โ€œYou have gray hairโ€ Vin replied โ€œYou are grey too and I have always been grayโ€ Gus yelled angrily. โ€œI canโ€™t hear you, I am deaf!โ€ Vin yelled as loud as he could. โ€œWhat should we try to get out of the kitchen today?โ€ whispered Gus. โ€œWhat did you say? I canโ€™t hear you!โ€ Yelled Vin. โ€œsigh, I said, what should we try to get out of the kitchen today and you really are getting old because you canโ€™t even hear me!โ€ Gus sighed annoyed as he pulled out a small fake hand out of his best hiding spot. (which he does not trust you to know) โ€œWhat are you going to use that thing for?โ€ yelled Vin (as usual) โ€œCanโ€™t you remember anything?โ€ย  Gus said in a frustrated tone. โ€œWe have to use this to open the kennel since the humans made it so that we can not open the kennel, with our feet.โ€ Gus said as he tinkered with the lock on the kennel. A few minutes later he heard a โ€œPopโ€ and the metal door shot open. โ€œI am really craving some banana peels from the compost bin bin today!โ€ Vin yelled. โ€œWell, you have a nice time eating banana peels while I have a parfait and some chicken pre cut off of the boneโ€ Gus as he trotted down the stairs while Vin half fell and half walked down behind. Click. Click. Click. Click. Went their toenails on the kitchen floor.ย  Bang! โ€œ Sigh, there goes the compost bin.โ€ Gus sighed. Gus stuck his paw behind the fridge handle and tugged. A HUGE waft of cold air hit Gus and there was the most amazing thing to ever be invented. The Refrigerator! (And the food inside of course!) Gus snatched out yogurt, chicken, granola (from the pantry) blueberries and threw it all onto the table and sat down. โ€œNo dog bowl today!โ€ He thought. โ€œYum Yum Yum!โ€ was what Vin was thinking as he ate banana peels off of the ground. Then something terrible happened! They heard a car door slam in the garage! โ€œ Grab the food and get upstairs into the kennel! They are home!โ€ Gus instructed. Vin wandered upstairs slowly as Gus nudged the compost back onto the counter, closed the refrigerator door, grabbed the food and dashed upstairs and right when he reached the top step he heard a Beep! Beep! And he hurriedly jumped into the kennel with Vin. Just as he heard footsteps coming up the stairs he realized that the humans would see the food! He was choking down the last bit of food when one the humans let them out. โ€œPhewโ€ Gus managed to whisper under his breath. โ€œTHAT was closeโ€ย 

What do you think would be a crazy thing that your pet would do while your family was away?

5 thoughts on “The Great Food Fantasy